Sunday, March 14, 2010

Arty hand



 インドへいったらどうしてもやりたかったメヘンディー(ヘナのタトゥー)。24時間手を洗ってはいけないといわれてシャワーも四苦八苦。色が残るか心配やったけど、一日たつとくっきりとオレンジの模様が浮かんできた。香港に帰ると同僚から「極妻」「手汚れてんでー」「皮膚病ちゃうか」「手に毛糸ついてんでー」と揶揄されたけど、私的には「芸術は爆発だ」と言いたい。残念ながら1週間後にはカスッとなって消えてしまったけれど。

I was keen to do a hand mehndi (henna tattoo) so I was very happy when I finally did it. I was told by the artist that I could not wash the hand for 24 hours, so I covered it with a plastic bag when I took a shower. The first day, the colour was still very brown and unclear, so I was a bit worried, but gradually the orange - brown colour came out. My colleagues said to me 'you look like a yakuza's wife', 'your hand is dirty', 'has your skin got trouble?' or 'the cotton is tangling your hand'.. but I think 'art is an explosion!' I have to admit that art disappears but dirt remains ...

4 comments:

  1. すごい生の芸術やね~。
    しかしえらい言われよう。笑
    気分的にも「どや!」って感じになるんかな。

    ReplyDelete
  2. めげずに「どや!」って見せびらかしてました。でも最後はほんまに汚れみたくなってもてんなぁ〜。

    ReplyDelete
  3. I assume that you got a henna moustache and beard too? Why not show them to us?

    ReplyDelete