Thursday, November 19, 2009

A birthday girl


 先日、31回目の誕生日を迎えました。来年は厄年です。Kちゃんによると長いものが厄よけになるとか。ねぎ?物干?粋に帯留め?何に守ってもらおう。Lが甘酸っぱくてジューシーなレモンの「長い」ケーキを作ってくれました。
 バースデーにちなんだわけじゃないけど、春樹の短編「バースデーガール」を再読した。私と同じ誕生日の女の子が不思議な老人に願いを叶えてもらう。きっと物質的ではない彼女の願いごとはきっと個人的で精神的なもの。今回読んでも答えはでないまま。頭がねじれそう。知りたい・・・けど私がケーキのろうそくを消すときに何を願ったかは、彼女と同じくやっぱり内緒にする。

I was born in 78 and next year will be a climacteric year. My friend told me that something long protects you. A leek? a clothes pole? a giraffe? L made a little bit 'long' birthday cake for me. It was a juicy sweet-sour lemon cake.
The other day, I read a short story of Murakami Haruki -'Birthday Girl' again. The girl in it has the same birthday as me, she got a wish from an old man, but the story does not say what her wish is. It seems that it is not personal greed or materialistic, it should be something else, but I still don't know what it is. I will not tell you what wish I made when I blew out the candles on my birthday cake.

5 comments:

  1. ナピバーデー♪
    来年厄年なん?わたしもか。特に考えてなかった!
    レモンのケーキ美味しそう。素敵チョイスです。
    願い事がかなうような1年にんるよう、日本から祈ってます。

    ReplyDelete
  2. 長い物はお母さんからもらってね。いつもブログ見てるよ。

    ReplyDelete
  3. みどりちゃん、ありがと♪ケーキは美味でした。お裾分けできる近所やったらな。というかお茶しにきてもらうわ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. そうやったKちゃん、私もまたうっかり・・・。大事なポイントやなぁ。いつも見てくれてありがとね。Kちゃんまた登場させるかも。

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Giraffe VanishesDecember 10, 2009 at 4:01 PM

    I always use a giraffe for protection, I cant recommend them highly enough. You need one for sure. Have a look in the zoo, if there are none in your local shops.

    ReplyDelete